Thursday, April 26, 2012

SOMETHING BRIEF



Two points today, briefly.

First, the website host set up a new template a couple of days ago. It automatically identifies Followers, apparently, unless the blog-owner opts out of it. I just got apprised of it and opted out of displaying all that material such as photos and so forth.

Secondly, I have been spending quite a bit of time recently on the Philadelphia clergy-abuse trial currently going on over there. A local law firm there set up a site to discuss the trial, with a reporter from the area posting reports on those days when the trial is in session and then commenters adding their thoughts (or at least their comments).

I hadn’t planned to spend as much time as I have, but I encountered all sorts of interesting phenomena (in the form of unusual commenters) and I thought it worthwhile to engage in a bit of back-and-forth.

The link to the site is here and I particularly recommend the comments following this article .

You can get an idea of my approach to things, and also what one encounters when trying to make contributions to certain topics.


No comments:

Post a Comment